View Single Post
Targa_PB_78_SC

Garage
Well after approximately 3 hours I managed to get all the runners on their studs.

Here are the issues I had and method. Method:
Partial engine drop about two inches.
Number 6 runner was tightened to its sleeve outside car. The other sleeves were loosely attached with the clamp nuts such as I could tighten them (1-5 sleeves) after the runners were in place on their studs.
Got number six on it’s studs after I routed my breather hose and then got number three on it’s studs.
Issues begin -.

Attached the bolt/nut in the back of box to throttle linkage bracket.
Maybe keep this loose.

Then attached number 2 runner. Placed some nuts on runners 6 and 3 and two. This was a mistake. Number one would not go in until I raised number two ( placed wood under it). So off went the nuts on 2. Attached throttle spring to underside of number two (this was not an issue).

Number five was a no go for too long. Got out the tourch (hehe). I had to remove all the nuts and loosened the two back bracket nuts. Then I could lift up the whole CIS assembly (mostly the box) high enough so five went in (duh). lesson learned is:

Leave all nuts off the runner studs (except loose on interior 6) until all the runners are appropriately sitting on their studs

Pic shows block of wood I used to raise runner two because the mount for the WUR prevented runner one’s install. Worked okay.

Too hot to install nuts and tighten sleeve clamps.
Hope to finish this tomorrow.

Last edited by mike sampsel; 09-10-2018 at 09:48 AM..
Old 09-10-2018, 09:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)