View Single Post

Garage
Interesting, I thought 9000 rpm could be reliably achieved if built carefully. For instance, there was a thread on a 3.1SS that Henry built for the street and track about 5 years ago that allegedly could spin to 9000 using his supercrank and other lightweight components. The build used Xtreme heads with titanium retainers but I don’t know if valves were SS or Ti. Seems like 8 hours for service would be quite frequent for a street motor like this with limited track use.

Also, Fred has built some high revving 2.8SS’s but used Ti valves. Maybe one of them will chime in here. I am also aware of an original 74 RSR 3.0 liter that was dyno tuned to 9200, so these rpms are reached in certain race applications.

My only question is what valves are generally recommended for a given specific rpm range. Probably Bill at Xtreme would best to answer that but just wanted to hear others’ actual experiences here to the extent folks have tried different combos.
Old 09-11-2018, 09:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)