View Single Post
I'm with Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY65912 View Post
Thanks Matt,

It's a really hard day for sure.

Still have not been able to go to the 9/11 Memorial.
Trust me on this, do not go there. You will be appalled by it. I was so upset by what I saw there I GTF out of there before I got into a fight with someone.

My last trip to NY was July 2001. I never went back after 9/11 and it was on purpose.

WTC was the meeting place for me, my wife and I's family is all around there from out on the island to around Manhattan and into Queens and Brooklyn. When I came up to visit we stayed in Brooklyn and always met right outside the North Tower. It was our spot.

This spring I decided to visit NY for the first time in 17 years. I stayed away from downtown for 2 of the days and was apprehensive about even going down there. I wandered around Chelsea and uptown a lot.

Then I decided to head over there, we took the subway over, the Oculas was amazing I was impressed. It has a pretty cool vibe to it and I loved how bright and open it was.

I wish I stopped there.

We wandered over to the reflection pools, my 15 y/o son was with us, he was not even alive when it happened. His older brother was not with us this trip he is 25 and I have pictures of him at 8 years old up on the observation deck and around the outside of the buildings. In 2001 there was a Milk Campaign going with the silly cows all around there and Battery Park.

My wife noticed a man sitting on a bench near her holding a watch and sobbing quietly, my wife wanted to say something but could not because she was slowly falling apart too.

Then you looked up and people are taking selfies with the reflection pond, 15 feet from this guy crying.

It was too much for us, we hastily left.

I do not think I will ever go back there.
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser - Black Betty
2014 BMW i3 Giga World
Old 09-11-2018, 12:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)