View Single Post
Rocket Scientist

You should look at titanium valves exclusively. There are even hollow stem titanium valves.

I have used SI valves, and Del West. I would consider a custom valve so that you can push the stem length to 111mm or more. You will want titanium retainers too. They do wear faster than steel, but with a properly functioning spray bar they will be the least of your worries. Half the life of steel is still over 50k Miles.

I donít know what valvetrain life means. Generally it comes down to the springs. If you are only getting 8 hours out of the springs, you need better springs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MST0118 View Post
Appreciate the responses but trying to understand the limitations of steel valves so let me ask the question another way.

If one were building a short stroke race motor that can reliably rev to 9200, would stainless valves still be a good choice or should one be thinking hollow stem or titanium at that point. Letís take cost out of the equation for now and focus on performance and reliability.
Old 09-11-2018, 11:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)