View Single Post
Author of "101 Projects"

Hi everyone. This is a neat project that I took on late last year as a semi-favor to Motorbooks, my long-time publisher of the how-to books. It's the fifth in the series of SPEED READ books from MBI, and I have to admit, that I like the concept. It's not quite a dummies book, it's not quite a fact book, it's not quite a story book - it contains a bunch of info on the cars and snippets that one might not know or not have heard of.

If you happen to have one of those books on the history of the 911, but you never read it because its 700+ pages long, then this book is perfect. It's a weekend / long afternoon read, and it's written so that you can jump around to exactly what interests you (much like the how-to books). As you can see the illustrations are awesome, Jeremey Kramer did an excellent job with them (as he has also done with some of the other books in the series).

As with most everything that I do, I did put a bunch of time into this, and I think it's pretty good, and an entertaining read. Different from my other book projects, but a title that I'm happy with, and I think this will make an excellent stocking stuffer this holiday season. It might also be a book for the wife, if she wants to understand a little bit of the history surrounding these cars that we all love!

Thanks for your continued support!

-Wayne
101 Projects for Your BMW 3-Series 101 Projects for Your Porsche 911 How to Rebuild & Modify Porsche 911 Engines 101 Projects for Your Porsche Boxster & Cayman 101 Projects for Your Porsche 996 / 997 SPEED READ: Porsche 911 (October 2018)

Check out our new site: Dempsey Motorsports
Old 09-12-2018, 01:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)