View Single Post

No Violents on my part. The GM who worked there at the time, signed a Affidavit and is trying to help me get my car back. He feel real bad about what happened! i already meat wth the States Attorney once and they want me to come back to file charges against the shop and they will investigate. I had to retain a lawyer and they are filling suit against the shop and the Insurance company. When I originally took the car in, all that was wrong with it was it had a tiny little split in the dash. When I went to pick it up, there was damage to the car and some type of solvent splashed all over the paint that ruined the paint. Of course this shop denied this. This was some small shop that fixed interiors. A different shop then where it is being held hostage now. So I called my insurance company and went and got a referral to the shop where the car is being held hostage now. I meat the GM and the insurance adjustor and they went over the car. After about 20 minutes they told me they are set here I can go. So I left. 18 months later I found out that this shop is keeping my car. I immediately called the insurance company and they said the shop did work over and above what they approved? I never received and notice form either party along the way of any denial I really wasn't too happy about how long it was taken but I stayed patient along way. So now I have to wait to see what the lawyers and the States Attorney can do? It has now been over 2 years since i dropped the car off. A lot of time dealing the lawyer, police, and State Attorney. Buy the Way my insurance company was Hagerty at the time. I am not too happy with them either. I should have been informed very early in this process that they were denying part to the work. Not 18 month later!
Old 09-13-2018, 05:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)