View Single Post

So berettafan I noticed you go on everyones post with the same legal statement! So what would you do if you are going to lose your car that has at least $80K invested in it? If I going to lose my car, witch at this point I very well may? I minds well let people know about it. I can only hope this doesn't happen to someone else! I did noting but simply drop off the car like anyone else would have. The GM and the insurance adjuster determined that the car needed a full paint job. I had no say on what they determined. I was never informed of any cost either. The GM later explained to me that he was assured by the insurance adjuster the work would be approved. I did call the insurance company and no one there told me anything different. Only after several calls to the insurance company did I find out they were not paying all the work the body shop did. This almost 18 months after I dropped of the car. It takes along time to strip a old car down and repaint it. The GM kept me informed on the work process along the whole time the car was there. I started to realize there was a issue when the shop asked me to check on some of the amendments the insurance company still owes, but again this was 18 months into the work and the car was just about completed. If I knew then what I know now, I wouldn't be losing my car!!! That's my big mistake!
Old 09-13-2018, 10:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)