View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansas View Post
I don't know what data you are looking at but according to Hagerty's valuations, 2.7s, SCs and 3.2s have appreciated anywhere from 10-20% this last quarter. They have continued to climb at a steep pace the last few years. I don't know where the ceiling is, but I wouldn't worry about their value falling. If anything, they will flat line like the 993s in a couple of years, and just hold their value for the years to come.
I may be wrong but I believe that Hagerty's valuations are mostly based on auctions, which to me are 'outliers'. Low mileage cars with unique colors, etc.. will always appeal to collectors and carry a hefty premium. I think that 'driver' cars will stop climbing in value as they approach unrealistic and un-affordable levels to all but the most well heeled collectors. Also, 911's were always popular because they were relatively affordable and basically reliable compared to other classic cars. Now that they're within spitting distance to other, much more exotic (read rare & unique) cars, many fickle buyers will move to something else. Especially when they're faced with the inevitable $15-30K engine rebuilds.
Old 09-15-2018, 10:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)