View Single Post

Garage
Mileage is absolutely crucial in determining the value of a used car by used car buyers. It is less crucial to collector cars and collector car buyers where rust, original parts, etc. tend to out way mileage to the point it is almost mute when a nice one is found.

The thought that Hagerty inflates their value to collect more on premiums is simplistic and assumes buyers of insurance can not think or have the ability to make choices.
The customer is the one who makes the call what amount of insurance they are comfortable with. You can chose to insure a perfect 77 930 for $10,000 replacement cost if you want to save money on premiums, or up to some over inflated value most owners seem to value their stuff at any way. That is the customers call not Hagerty. Now there are enough stupid people out there who can not think for themselves and will go off of some value graph and complain the whole time about their high premiums for their $200,000 dollar 1979 911SC. But I do not blame Hagerty or any one else for those people's stupid choices in life.

I do think the market has leveled off again on the common air cooled 911's. But I do not think it will ever go down to the "old happy times" of 5-10 years years ago.

At least 25K seems to be the amount it takes to buy a entry level good driver air cooled 911, the "used car" 911's
Old 09-15-2018, 03:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)