View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiVT View Post
I know Tony hates messing with mixture, at least initially, but my opinion: you can call it a day with success (with the properly calibrated wur). Your idle hangs a little high as it warns up, which is not a bad thing. Mine does that when I have it set on the rich side, but I have an afr gauge hooked up at all times. I have been playing with the mixture for gas mileage and performance balance. When I set it richer, gas mileage is worse and cold idle stays higher and takes longer to settle to 950ish. You would need to get yours tested to know for sure. Based on all the videos you have posted, your car seems to be greatly improved and chasing some numbers/behavior viewed as perfect may be time not well spent.
One important point that I neglected to make; I found that I had to adjust the idle up - to about 1000-1050 - in order to prevent the engine from stalling when engaging the clutch when coming to a stop during warm-up. I know it should be 950 +/-, but slightly higher suits it better. This was my original issue, but the FP now seems to be where it should be after swapping in Tony's calibrated WUR.

Also, one observation that I just made - while idling, I removed the oil cap, but did not sense a drop in RPM's. This is now puzzling to me. I have no clue where there may be a vacuum leak, if such is the case. One year old air box, hosing appears to be good ....

Thanks for your interest and feedback throughout this thread, SkiVT & pmax ... and of course, Tony!

I added data to post #75 - shows the huge difference my WUR vs. Tony's calibrated WUR

Jason

Last edited by LIRS6; 10-03-2018 at 06:26 AM..
Old 10-02-2018, 07:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #79 (permalink)