View Single Post
Registered

I put in a Gentran panel and have a 6.5KW Honda "portable" (it is on wheels but heavy as all get out, "portable" with a tractor, maybe) that I keep in the garage. Electric start, so have to keep battery minder on it. Gasoline powered. Will run 7 hours on a tank, but has a load sensor and drope to idle when there is no load. When I do have to use it, I generally shut if off at night fire it back up in the morning.

When power is out I plug it in power it up and leave it just outside the closed garage door. I powers the oil fired heating system and all circulators, the well pump (1,000 ft well) freezers and fridge, my office and window AC and kitchen essentials as well as living room entertainment system. We get power outages on average once a year or more.

Couldn't live here without it. 18 years old and still runs like a charm. I could have put an automatic propane set up in, but it did not seem worth the $ or maintenance issues to me.
Old 10-21-2018, 01:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)