View Single Post
G'day!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh R View Post
Filed for SS and medicare today.

Between SS and medicare and not paying for COBRA my monthly income to me just went up about $3,300.

Like Baz, I'm not going to be renewing professional licenses and fees to the tune of several $x,000/year.
Congratulations, Hugh! So far I'm really enjoying my semi-retirement. Still working but no big nut every month to crack.

BTW...at the last minute, I decided to re-up my business credentials. There is a fairly nice project coming down the pike I'd like to participate on. Also, I'm still conducting business so technically, this keeps me legal. To be honest, I'm happy I made the decision - but YMMV for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyg2 View Post
Just in time, I heard they were wanted to give our SS money to a great big parade that is headed this way
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh R View Post
Sammy, I figure I might as well grab it while I can, hopefully I'll get Grandfathered on any future "adjustments".
When I hear the talk of cuts, I'm thinking it won't affect retirement benefits, so FWIW, I think we're good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete3799 View Post
I filed for Medicare last week.
Plan on signing up for SS Dec 9th (30 days after my 65th birthday). Thanks for the tip Baz.
Congrats, Pete! You held out 1 more year than I did. I will file for Medicare next June.
Please keep us posted on how everything goes. Happy for you, buddy!
Old 11-01-2018, 05:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #139 (permalink)