View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by speeder View Post
Stories like this are fascinating to me, I can just never figure out how someone can drive that much. I always think that I drive too much but I've never put more than about 10k a year on a vehicle, (it's hard for me to compute because my driving has always been split between a few cars/trucks/motorcycles).
This. I'm 56 and my best estimate is I've covered about 100k miles in my lifetime, so Gordon's story always fascinated me. Commuting 1250 miles a week helped, but even so. He mentioned part of why he got divorced was his wife didn't enjoy the constant roadtrips he wanted to take after retiring.

I actually hope Volvo buys the car and puts it in a museum for a well-deserved rest. The late 60s/early 70s were a sweet-spot for engines, imo - they were overbuilt and understressed; it was the lack of decent rustproofing that thinned the ranks.

As an aside, I always wonder what happened to a red 911SC I saw on eBay once - it had 500k miles ten years ago.
Old 11-20-2018, 06:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)