View Single Post
Runnin on empty

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny042 View Post
I'm going to use Cerakote MC-5100 Aluminum clear on these. It's an air cure product and can be applied to any surface finish including polished. I'm also planning to use it on the front crossmember, steering rack housing, front hubs, etc. and also the bare magnesium fan and housing.

I don't like the look of freshly blasted aluminum, it's too whitish and powdery looking for my liking, so I like to smooth the finish by hand with various abrasives. It's a lot of work to get the finish you see on the rear control arm but worth the trouble. It gives it a nice "as cast" metallic glow. (EDIT - looking at the above pictures, the rear control arm gives the most realistic photographic representation of the finish)

I haven't had a chance to fully finish the fan yet but here's a peek. It's always the most work to make something look effortless, like it hasn't been messed with at all. That's what I'm going for.

Jonny, do you think this product would be good for finishing RS wheel?

Andy
Old 11-21-2018, 06:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #381 (permalink)