View Single Post
Runnin on empty

Garage
Looking forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny042 View Post
That's the plan at this point. Just trying to figure out how to accomplish it. Sometimes I wonder what I've gotten myself into. Then I remember if it was easy, everyone would be doing it!

What I'm planning is to make a tapered ream to cut the appropriate taper in the stacks. It's a fairly slight taper but matches what I've read somewhere (David Vizard perhaps?) as optimum, around a 2% taper I think.

I'm not sure at this point if I'll have to first bore the stacks with a few parallel steps then ream, or if my planned ream/cutter will do the entire cut in on motion. The difference in time between the two methods would be measured in days....
Jonny, really looking forward on your final steps to accomplish this taper. Since my intake adapters were individual, it seemed easier to machine the required taper on my lathe. (38-34mm)
Old 12-11-2018, 07:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #396 (permalink)