View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by acme911 View Post
Jonny, really looking forward on your final steps to accomplish this taper. Since my intake adapters were individual, it seemed easier to machine the required taper on my lathe. (38-34mm)
Not being that experienced a machinist, it never really occurred to my how problematic it is to make a tapered hole!! I am certainly finding out.

I asked several places local to me if they could do this job and I was met with a lot of blank stares. I left a stack with a CNC place (seemed to me a natural way to go about it) so they could give me a quote but after not hearing anything for a few months I went and retrieved it. Basically they told me it wasn't possible.....

Well that's not the right answer!!

I've been thinking about this for a long time so it's nice to be actually making some progress. Yesterday I made the holding fixture for the plastic stacks. This afternoon I will hopefully have a stack step-bored down it's length then reamed to a taper. Will report back!
Old 12-12-2018, 05:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #397 (permalink)