View Single Post

After building the cargo bay/shelf to replace the rear I wanted to build something to make sure cargo sitting there (cooler, in particular) didn't end up in the front seat in the case of hard braking. So I headed to Home Depot to look at various materials and get ideas, and ended up picking up a 3-foot section of electrical conduit and a pair of 90* curve pieces, plus a few big washers. After stripping the galvanizing off the ends, did some quick welding to make a bar with curved legs. Then used a pair of large washers as feet.

Painted it up, and after a bit of measuring, installed it....

The idea with this is threefold:*

First, to hold cargo back. It perfectly fits my cooler and two of the small HDX bins from Home Depot, so that's one option. Or whatever else I end up putting there.

Also wanted to make sure it wasn't too wide to stop the "cargo bay" lid from raising all the way.

And had to position it so that my seatback can still fold down fully in case I need to carry any larger cargo back there

So, mission accomplished. A $6 project

Old 12-23-2018, 12:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)