Thread: Blackhawk Jig
View Single Post

Garage
Holy Cow that's sweet. Carpets are just right. Quick story: I had a 74 flat windshield Bug (didn't we all?) from 83-86 that was a lighter shade of orange, but I re-painted it in a blood-orange similar to this 911 of yours and did all the exterior trim, incl bumpers and hubcaps, in satin black, then added a stinger muffler. It had salt & pepper carpets and those (incredibly durable, high quality) factory rubber mats. I sold it when I entered my Jeep CJ5 phase (didn't last too long but lives with me to this day in the form of damaged spinal discs), but never lost my appreciation of real VW's and their Audi and Porsche relatives. As austere as Bugs were, they exuded quality and purpose, and when I finally got my 82 SC (black) in 2014, it was like closing a circle that opened with that Bug. I realize this is a pretty common phenomenon among "us", but looking at your new photos just brought that all flooding back. I loved caring for that car, listening to the Becker stereo I installed (with amp/EQ, of course), rebuilding the engine with help from John Muir's manual and generally driving the snot out of it, all over New England. I can see now what it was preparing me for.
Sorry for the drivel. Hope I get to see your car in person someday.
John
Old 12-30-2018, 07:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #121 (permalink)