Thread: Blackhawk Jig
View Single Post

If you ever wonder why a two min job turns into 30...
It’s peeling off those pesky part number stickers.
Things were going good and bad last week. Went for a walk out back from my house and had a fight with a poison ivy plant. It obviously won. I’ve been in agony for a week now. So I can’t sleep and that is turning out to be good news for the car.
I got the back bumper finally where I like it. It took taking it off and on a hundred times it seemed.
The bumper seals didn’t really take of the gap very well. I’m thinking because of the fiberglass bumper. Anyway I surprised myself, I used some sealant on the top of the seals. It belended in quite nicely. I am definitely one of those that will try to make it perfect before going to something else. But in this case I’m happy 90% with the rear bumper.
The rear lights weren’t too much of a challenge. Just wire them up and off I go.
Two electrical gremlins to take care of. Well 1 I did. The brake lights weren’t working. So I had to adjust the screw on the switch. All good now.
My blinker relay doesn’t stop blinking. All lights work when I use the appropriate switch. But when I turn the key you can hear the blinker relay clicking. And no lights. I’ve ordered a new relay. What do you think of my tag? Think it’s too much for a car that is just a 911E?
The rear light fiberglass holder was more that a *****. There was no real way to attach it. So I had to make 4 brackets to screw the whole light assembly too. Worked till 2am to get them to fit. And again I’m 90% happy with them. Fiberglass definitely has its limitations. Enough of the blabbing. Here are a couple shots.

Last edited by seafeye; 01-11-2019 at 12:45 PM..
Old 01-11-2019, 12:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #129 (permalink)