Thread: Blackhawk Jig
View Single Post

I have two decals for the decklid. I have the curved Porsche and a straight Porsche. I think ill try for the curved one first. If I screw that up I can always use the other.

I had pulled my wire harness out completely. It wasn't the hardest job in the world getting it back in. Even with a lot of pictures hooking it back up to the fuse panel was interesting. There are many of the same colors that go to the left and right of the fuse panel. If I was to label them I would do 1 thru 18 on the left side and A thru R for the right side.
But after 50 years people do strange things with the wiring and you might feel better just wiring it up from scratch. Just get a good multimeter that has sound and you can check continuity on each wire.
My issue is that the colors can blend together. Not so much on the wires but on the wire diagram.
I like that on Aviation wire, each wire is numbered.
Also the 3 or 4 connectors under the dash can get mixed up. The ones that go from the headlight switch, hazard... Those 3 or 4 should be marked as a pair before you disconnect them. But fear not. Because you can just do a continuity check to figure out which one goes where if you didn't mark them.
Im still having an error with my wiper motor. From what I read, the factory wiring diagram is incorrect, so before I put in my blower motor I may just take the wiper motor out again and figure something out. It works on intermittent and fast. But no medium.

Yesterday I was working on the rear window. I can't get the trim to stay in the corners. The lexan bends all too easy, I may have to get a window person to come out and install it. 4 hours and I go absolutely nowhere.....
Old 01-12-2019, 07:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #132 (permalink)