View Single Post

Garage
Well, the end of Phase 2 is complete, that is the installation phase. I decided to not change the intake manifold studs to the longer ones used with the phenolic isolation blocks as the studs were really being stubborn and the thought of breaking one of those off didnít thrill me. I did try heat and had a stud remove socket but the first one I tried didnít budge. So, I ordered three sets of intake manifold gaskets to shim up the intake manifolds to get clearance above the shroud, this left plenty of thread for the 12mm wrench size nuts and wave washers sourced from Belmetric. Per Alís suggestion, I applied a thin coat of 574 to the gasket mating surfaces.

I decided to mount the AEM 506 ECU and circular connector of the Rasant Mil-Spec harness up on the firewall, just couldnít see getting that pretty connector all dirty down below.

Still have some tidying up, but that will come after the fuel and ignition checkout, and first start attempt.
Old 01-14-2019, 01:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)