Thread: Ken's 911E
View Single Post

Garage
Thanks for all your comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWLoosenuts View Post
I love this thread.
Thanks for the encouragement. This is a fantastic forum. I'm lucky I found it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blamecanada View Post
I think the finish on the exchangers look good. Where they go I wouldn’t worry about them being too bright. Did you blast them before paint? Project is amazing. You are more patient than most.

Good stuff.

Steve Mc.
I've always been on the fence, with the painting vs coating. I just fell off.

Forced patience of capitulation to forces I have no control over. Not really a virtue, but patience in general is a good thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawknees'Turbo View Post
Ken, the VHT will burn off of those, regardless of the prep you did to them, very quickly. I painted a muffler for an old school, Massey Ferguson tractor with VHT header paint (the highest temp they have), cured it following their directions, and the paint lasted about 3 operations of the tractor before it started to crumple and lift, and the muffler now looks like absolute shiit. I should have had it ceramic coated (did that with all the exhaust plumbing on my 1987 Turbo about 10 years ago and the coating still looks great).
That's what I've been thnking since I did them. They were bead blasted, VHT header paint and they look great, for about a minute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryR View Post
Agree 100%, if you want them to look good and stay looking good (and have the benefit of lees heat radiating from them) get them cermaic coated..
That's all I needed to hear. One call to find this guy, Pristine Powder Coating is located in Denver, Colorado

OK then, exchangers and muffler ceramic coated to match.

I have a mental block about tackling the spring plates. I can only curse at them as I pass by the box of parts, but I did get the long bolts and special lube from Storz. I'm ready, able and un-willing.

24.5 degrees before trailing arm is attached.

'69 911E
one family
385,000 miles

Last edited by kghjr; 01-18-2019 at 11:49 AM..
Old 01-16-2019, 07:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #778 (permalink)