View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Monson View Post
Special Wishes is a department. I think you may be confusing that with 505 treatment. It could have had any number of things done to it by SW. Only the option codes on the COA will actually tell you what they did.

Regardless, it's irrelevant if they even handled the car. An SC with a 930 engine is worth what he's asking for it.
I’m very familiar with it - zero confusion on my end. 505/506 were factory codes, and they refer to the slant nose, which this obviously doesn’t have. It’s also post changing over from Special Wishes to Porsche Exclusive as well. The ad says the ‘Special Wishes parts are appearance related’, that is wholly inaccurate as there are no Special Wishes parts on that car of any kind. Furthermore, they wouldn’t be on the COA, or whatever factory docs they are referring to, not for 1979 if they are implying that they were born with this car. That was the very infancy of the Special Wishes Department. And if they are implying that they’re a retrofit, again, whatever it is they are talking about, they wouldn’t be on the COA or any other Porsche factory docs either. That ad has more holes in it than Swiss cheese in regards to the Special Wishes part.

I never commented on value, could care less about it, just pointing out the Special Wishes jargon is a pile of horse sh|t.
Old 01-22-2019, 08:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)