View Single Post

Since my name has come up, here is my take Mod vs stock. Actually I prefer well modded ones to drive unless the passenger likes radio music or in a congested driving area.
The 930 project began with a purpose of building a Group 4 competitive car, not what ended in the showrooms. So what actually is original or intent ?. 930 and other Porsches from that time sort of reminds me of Enzo Ferrari's view. that "I build street cars so I can build race cars".
So like Ferrari, the race models 934 935 and so on are more valuable than street models. Another thought, most valuable Ferrari's, even the street ones from the past, have been ( horrors ) raced, repainted, restored, modded by NART etc, so what's the big deal if any 930 is a better looking or driving example if it does not still have the original air in the tires? I have had some like that and did not shed a tear when they were gone. Not that I did not appreciate them but someone wanted them more than I did.
OK, just my 2 cents.
As Raw states they left a lot of performance on the table to make it more streetable and comply with regs and bean counters wishes. I think the real enthusiasts @ Porsche thought more along the lines of Mr Ferrari when it came to what was important. Even some on this forum now site the superior performance of the stock 930 which can be enhanced with some common sense mods that Porsche themselves developed /made for the 930 to improve them in the performance and reliability categories.

Last edited by voitureltd; 01-23-2019 at 08:50 AM..
Old 01-23-2019, 08:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #72 (permalink)