Thread: CIS to EFI kit
View Single Post

Garage
The EFI kit provides significant improvements in torque and will allow the use of hotter cams without compromising low end too much. I've have no issues with mine and it pulls very strong to 7000rpm, weras the SC cam is done way before that.

Also, because of the better atomisation of fuel and the ability to fine tune the fuel delivery, it's possible to run higher compression than the usually recommended. I know this is highly controversial here, but I know several builds with EFI running 10+ CR with single plug and has done so safely for years.

Oh and about that 3.6: I haven't seen one for 7k for a while, it's more like 12-14. And then you'll need a flywheel conversion for your 915 tranny (1200$), a new exhaust system (used 993 heat exchanges being cheapest) say 500$, new muffler 500$, and a chip 500$, adaptor for engine mounts, front oil cooler and hoses etc etc. It's an easy 15 at least IMO anyway.

Go with the EFI. Your car will be transformed!
Old 01-28-2019, 10:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #587 (permalink)