View Single Post
Model Citizen

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAKYSEALS951 View Post
My completely free unsolicited, no guarantee, 2 cent internet opinion would be two parts-
1. With the hip replaced leg, use the good leg as a basepoint for flexibility.
Yep. My goal is to be equally limber both sides. I have years of neglect and arthritis pain to work thru but I've been getting results, and I expect to stretch each day for the rest of my life, godwillin'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by look 171 View Post
Ia m still pretty flexible but how does this hip replacement affect your riding?
All to the good, now that I can put power down with my left leg without pain. Did a sixty miler on my sixtieth birthday a few days ago. I was also working on sixty days of riding in sixty days, but the ice- covered roads in Portland mean I have to start that goal over when the weather breaks. Bummer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartj View Post
Apparently a good simple test of fitness, flex and balance is to sit on the floor on your butt. Now stand, do not use your hands.
How old is the young child this flex test was designed for? 7?

I can get my butt about two or three inches off the ground and stand up with no hands. Realistically I never see myself doing what you wrote!! Maybe I need to adjust my goals!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evans, Marv View Post
I always put my socks on while sitting since they're right there. I do dry my feet and legs off standing on one foot when I get out of the shower. Does that count?
It does count. Exactly what I was looking for since I've been arthritic for so long that I couldn't remember what normal flexibility used to look like. I couldn't even put on pants without sitting before the knife, now I can put on socks, and that seems like a win to me.
Old 02-10-2019, 04:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)