View Single Post

Garage
So in the middle of the night I realized it would be a heck of a lot easier to just buy 13.06mm guides than try to machine the 13.08mm ones, but looks like that's the only size:

Not that it's that difficult to machine a bit off the OD of the guides, it's just one more thing to build a fixture for, etc.

Of course the other option is to make the hole bigger - I have made zero attempt to clean out the guide bores (yet) and wonder if a few passes with a brush hone would be not only a good idea (seems wise to have nice clean metal for contact to my nice clean guides) but also bring the interference fit down to a more comfortable spec.

Has anyone honed their guide bores with a flex-hone to dial in the interference rather than machine the OD of the guide down?

Perhaps it's a matter of it's easier to mess up a guide and buy a new one than mess up a cylinder head and buy a new one...... have I answered my own question yet?

PS - looks like the guides coming out are about 13.06... go figure.

Last edited by Jonny042; 02-22-2019 at 04:53 AM..
Old 02-22-2019, 04:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)