View Single Post
Actual Porsche owner

Garage
I'll likely have something to contribute to this thread every day! Seems like I spend my life fixing one thing or another.

Today:
We had a 30” pocket door ( half of a 60” pair) that was dragging on one of the skinny, steel-lined studs pocket door kits use to attach the drywall to. The studs the pocket door go in between were all out of alignment. The correct way to fix it would be to cut a big ass hole in the wall to get access to the base of the stud, unscrew it from the floor, unscrew all the drywall, and move it into alignment. And then of course put it all back together.
But I am not Zeke. I took the baseboard off and cut a hole in the drywall to access the bottom of the stud. I rolled the pocket door over onto it's companion's rail. Shoved a 2x4 in between the studs and used a crowbar to bend the crap out of offending stud - enough so the door doesn’t hit it anymore. No screw pops on any of the drywall so far!

Old 03-09-2019, 11:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)