View Single Post
Nice guy eddie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Lee View Post
While this all sounds pretty bad, how is it illegal to pay someone to help your kid get into a school? What crime is that?
It’s not illegal to pay someone to help your kid get into a school, the tutoring industry is huge. This is a case of cheating and bribing people, do you seriously not understand the difference?

At any rate, I can’t stop laughing at the thought of these schitty people sitting in jail. Years ago, Spy magazine did a cover article on colleges for the dumb rich. There are a whole bunch of semi-prestigious schools in New England where anyone w a checkbook can attend. They may have gotten tougher since all colleges have gotten tougher on admissions. I was always under the impression that absolutely anyone could attend USC if they could pay tuition. “Write a check, get a degree”, we used to say. I knew some very curiosity challenged people who graduated from SC a couple decades ago.

Some lawyers are going to be buying new yachts.
Old 03-12-2019, 03:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)