Thread: Everyday driver
View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dschuetze View Post
But I think the bottom line is that we buy and drive these antiquated but super cool looking cars because we like them ourselves. I love walking out of a store and seeing my 912 sitting in the parking lot but I actually don't care who else does. I'm sure that most of the people on this forum feel the same way including you SalParadise.
This last paragraph baffles me because I believe it's just a paraphrase of what I said in my explanation. I don't care who looks at me because no one is looking. I care what I drive, but most average people do not care what I drive - and to this end - I do not care. I'm glad you like your 912 because you should because you own it.

The question that started this thread was worry and being noticed - to that I say who cares. I said nothing about me noticing and enjoying what I own and parking it anywhere - because I do park it anywhere and I do enjoy it (when it's running). Of course I feel that way about my old 911. Why would I risk working on it and a flawed 2.7 engine in a bitter cold garage if I didn't? It wasn't about noticing what you own. Because of course you notice it.

And no I'm not in California anymore. I used to be. For a decade. I currently live in a much more wholesome, non-invasive, less -rowded area with probably the same amount of wealth as SoCal - but people don't care. I think that's great, and it doesn't bother me in the least bit. But if I had a 'Vette in my driveway it would be a different story.
Old 03-13-2019, 01:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)