View Single Post

Geba or URO water pump?

I have 2 brand new water pumps sitting in front of me but I can't make a decision.

The URO has a tighter bearing which to me means it has a better seal. I also like that it has the built in block off plate, less opportunity for leaks right? The only thing that gets me with the URO is the inner casting of the pump seems really cheap and messy. Not to mention I haven't heard alot of good things about URO in the past. The URO pump was about $120

Next the GEBA water pump. Right out of the box it looks nothing like the picture. The GEBA pump that is advertised shows the manufacture part # on the front of the housing which is not present on the actual pump. To me it looks like a rebuilt URO pump with a German bearing. The GEBA pump is supposedly new and not a reman though. Bearing on the GEBA is alot smoother than the URO and spins a bit more free. I wanted to try the GEBA out as it was more then double the price of the URO and I assumed there would be a big difference in quality. I can still return the GEBA pump but I'm stuck with the URO either way. GEBA will be like $300 If I choose to go with that option

Out of these 2 pumps what do you guys recommend?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Old 03-19-2019, 02:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)