View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbalich View Post
You're not wrong. But the articles I've read (including all the SS articles I re-read this AM) don't really go into detail about any weight saving measures taken.

It appears to me (Ryan, please correct me if I'm wrong.) that no real weight-saving measures were intentionally employed. Rather, all non-essential bits were never installed during build-up. No stereo. No HVAC...including control boxes under the car. No carpet. Minimized electrical systems. No sunroof. No door glass that I recall seeing.
Just a painted tub and the bare essentials to get down the road or around a track.

I love this car. It is very near to my goals for my own build.
Hi Chris,

The goal was sub 2200lbs from the get go, but there really wasn't a plan. I knew what I wanted and didn't want and figured we'd get pretty close.

Switching to the TRE fiberglass front bumper, rear bumper and deck lid yielded the most savings. They fit well too.

Other items:

- Completely replaced the entire wiring harness and fuse boxes with a PDM unit and custom harness.
- Absolutely nothing behind the dash and no radio, heat, ac, etc.
- Plugged the sunroof.
- Deleted wipers, antenna and a bunch of small things.
- Shaved everything in the rear that protruded.
- Seats are very light
- ITB's have to weight less than CIS.
- No door panels.
- Interior is basically a dash, two seats, harnesses and a roll bar.
- Mirrors are a little lighter.
- All the factory glass is still in the car including doors.

Last edited by Ryan H; 04-04-2019 at 06:44 AM..
Old 04-04-2019, 06:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #267 (permalink)