View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by valveandpiston View Post
I'm still confused how people are getting that light. My 79 911SC had completely gutted interior (no carpet, rear seats, sound deadening), no AC, no radio, stock bumpers, stock glass, 16x7/9 fuchs, 4 point cage, and 3.2SS with carbs. Weight came in at 2,571lbs. I recently put in an RS carpet kit and some light dynamat, which probably added 15 or so lbs.

I'd love to lose ~200lbs...
On my blue car I removed all the sound deadening stuff on the floors the windshield washer stuff, radio, back seats and package tray dash or whatever it is called (it was heavy) and I'm not sure what else over the years. It is a stripped out roller window non-sunroof car. It is under 2300 lbs. I have an '80 SC with full interior 3.2 Short stroke, nice working a/c, Fikse wheels and big brembo brakes. It come in at just under 2700 lbs.

I believe that the '74 bumpers are much lighter than the later impact bumpers. The crush tubes or something I think makes them lighter.
'80 911SC Weissach 3.2 Short Stroke Hot Rod
'68 SWB 911T build in progress -The Rat
Old 04-04-2019, 01:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #275 (permalink)