View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippo View Post
Hey guys,
just wondering if anyone can recognize this sound....

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwnLN_GlBNB/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=p80fd77m9fav

The car has been sitting for around 9-10 months. It did not sound like this before. Any ideas? I used some googlefu and amateur audio diagnostics via youtube and have hypothesized that it is lifter tick, caused by a leakdown of oil in the lifters. Should I be worried? Does anyone know how to remedy this situation? I really dont want to rebuild the engine... it only has 3 engine hours after a swap made by midwest eurosport a few years ago.

Moral of the story: if you own a porsche just drive the damn thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it only has 3 engine hours after a swap made by midwest eurosport a few years ago.

This would concern me as they are the ones that did the swap....they couldn't tell it was knocking...I'm sure they started it before giving it back to you...Was it running like a champ when they gave it back to you? Have you had the car sitting for 9-10 months straight?....IMHO a car sitting up not being started or being looked after is one of the worst things you can do to it....I have parts that I've bought brand new (LED DRLs) and came back to them three years later (only sitting on the shelf or in a draw) hooked them up and they are not working correctly...(pictures posted on Pelican - "Bumper Lights") and if this is the case you might end up paying for a rebuild or another engine swap! I know this is tough news but just about all of us I/we here on Pelican have been through what you are going through...get a second and a third opinion just as you would if your real baby or pet was sick. Lol! Maybe it might not be as bad as you think.

Last edited by PHillary; 04-23-2019 at 01:27 PM..
Old 04-23-2019, 01:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)