View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADDvanced View Post
Idk, if I was selling a car that had been T-boned, I would tell people it's been repaired. To sell something without disclosing major repairs is a douche bag move, imho.
As said earlier, its a learning opportunity.

The parts you bought form the seller are not like some art collection.

The seller may have felt that they are perfectly functional. They do the job.
You on the other hand not only assumed that they work (douchbag move on the part of the seller if they didn't), but also assumed what, that there was not a scratch on them?

Since there is a huge grey area between not scratched and not working, how far does one disclose to not disclose intentionally or otherwise.

Perhaps you and the seller have different value system.

Maybe he thought he was being a good seller giving you the opportunity to buy a hard to find part at a reasonable price OR Maybe he was trying to rip you off? Who knows.

The biggest problem I am reading is that you made a mistake, trusting the seller and you were of like minds. But, you can learn form this and realize that "no fair" is not how it works in the real world, and that we can evaluate risks and mitigate many of them all on our own through our own actions.

Having said all of this, I feel for you that you spent good money and that your expectations weren't met. I really do, but, now you are a little bit older and a little bit wiser and a little less vulnerable than you were before this experience. It pays to ask questions and confirm expectations

I hope the parts work out for you. That would be a nice consolation at least
My 73RSR build http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-technical-forum/893954-saving-73-crusher-again.html
Old 05-15-2019, 09:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #15 (permalink)