View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADDvanced View Post
I'm not sure how to feel. He sold me a used stainless exhaust system, complete with muffler, for $1700. Now, this is a good deal compared to new. His photos were small, but it looked to be in good condition.

I received it a month ago, started polishing the primaries, then got to the other side and noticed that 2 of the 3 primaries ahve been cut out and rewelded in a new section. Dude obviously hit something.

I was kind of pissed, and sent him a message saying "Dude, you could have told me you hit something and these are repaired".

I think they're usable, but I would have offered less. Anybody else dealt with this guy? Pretty bummed that he didn't disclose this. I don't have much disposable income; my student loans are almost $600/month, the rest goes to the mortgage, so when I do buy parts for my 911 it's a very rare occurrence.

What say you?
If he had told you about the repairs, would you have still bought them for $1700 if he didn't lower his price? Do the repairs affect performance? Can you just polish them as is? Will you be showcasing the exhaust at car shows (serious question..not a joke)? I understand your frustration but was it a good deal when compared to new? Not that I agree with the seller, he should have disclosed it but once on the car and the rumble of the exhaust kicks...you might just forget all about it
Old 05-15-2019, 03:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #32 (permalink)