View Single Post
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADDvanced View Post
Should have. Stupidly trusted people would not try to pull BS on this forum, since there is a barrier to entry in the 911 market.
I think it happens pretty frequently (either a seller is blind and/or oblivious to flaws or they simply do not believe that slipping something by someone, in the name of making a few extra bucks, is a bad way to operate). More than ten years ago, I bought a Garretson intercooler from someone here - some of those intercooler end tanks were cast with a flat, square shaped spot so that a company could put their badge on their (Andial, etc., selling a Garretson-made unit and then calling it their own), well some ham fisted meathead partially ground off the flat surface (aka - looked like shiit), and the seller did not mention that (I don't think there was a pic of that area, either). When I got it, I was pretty surprised by the ugly, but used my trusty air grinder, and many hours of work, to blend that area so it was no longer visible at all (rounded it, just like the rest of the surrounding surface). Had I not been able to do that myself, it would have cost plenty to have a machine shop make it look good.

It definitely irks me when people pull that crap when selling something.
Old 05-15-2019, 04:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #33 (permalink)