View Single Post
'07 R1200S

Garage
Bizarre eBay purchase (?)

I went on eBay looking to see if I could find a left over, new, Shoei Neotec 2XL to replace my 6 year old Neotec.

I searched and made sure to select "USA Only". One came up. White, 2XL, New in Box, for $386 shipped. It has been years since I bought anything on eBay and I forgot my own golden rule (check out the seller before buying). Turns out, he only had one other "sale". F*CK!. I decided that I'd let it go and see what happened.

Fast forward two days and I look at the helmet again and it shows "Shipped, arriving by June 4th", but here's the red flag, it was coming from Frankfurt, DE. eBay also had a note saying "this seller is no longer active on eBay". F*CK2! I copied and pasted the tracking number into DHL's real site and got "not a valid tracking number" F*CK3!

I waited 15 minutes for eBay to call me back. The guy said that was strange that it was coming from Germany, because he could see that I had filtered it to "USA Only". Then he tells me the seller's account was registered in Vietnam F*CK4!

He asks me what I want to do, I told him that I could wait until the 4th to see if anything showed up, just as long as I could get my money back with the inevitable happened and I got bub-kiss. He said okay and we hung up.

Fast forward two more days and I get an email from eBay saying that my case has been settled and the funds returned to my account.

Sweet. I go ahead and decide to go the legit route and buy a new Neotec II in 2XL. I hated paying $700, but lesson learned, right?

Yesterday, my new Neotec II shows up and I get to throw the old crappy one in the dumpster. When I get back to my desk, there is another box with my name on it. Yep, the original Neotec arrived and it's 100% as described.

I called eBay last night and told them what happened, and they told me to keep it, and thanks for using eBay.

One thing that I did notice looking at the packing infomation. Since this helmet was originally intended to be sold in Germany, not the US, there is no DOT stamp on the back.

Anyone looking for a deal on a new helmet?
Old 06-04-2019, 01:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)