View Single Post

Garage
BMW Cruise Control on R1100S

Ever since I rode my grandpas 2009 R12RT and experienced true cruise control I have always wanted it for my bike. I have a throttlemeister but ya know it’s not the same. It’s great but not that great and I find myself turning it off more often than using it because it drifts “on”. Sure, I could probably add heavier grease to keep it from coming on. IDK. I travel a lot and to me it’s worth all the work.

Regardless, I’m a mechanical engineer and I enjoy doing cool stuff like added cruise to the 11s. I don’t want just any cruise, I want BMW cruise control. No ugly aftermarket crap. I really haven’t had the motivation to start making it happen until I saw someone on the r1100s FB page have it on his bike that he is selling.

Credit goes to Roland from I guess Australia. He’s currently selling his bike. I tried to get a hold of him but with not luck. Sorry, I'm using your photo. If its a problem I'll delete it. *edit I swapped in my photos once I installed the switch*

Since then I have researched a ton and learned a lot. Then thought I would start a thread to show my build since there is not any info on this here.

Found a good document on the r1200cl showing the wiring diagram’s and everything. Think I’m going to use this data along with the r1200rt parts to make this work. All advice is welcome, I’m here to learn too.

Here is what I’ve found.

R1200RT cables and cruise control. Maybe I use this complete setup and modify it. Idk until I purchase the components or get better advise here.

This is the start of the wiring diagram I created to fit this on to the 11s.

I'm open to all suggestions on how to make this happen. It's going to happen one way or the other.

Last edited by R1100S2000; 07-09-2019 at 11:17 AM..
Old 06-10-2019, 04:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)