View Single Post

Garage
2006 Cayenne S Valve Cover Gaskets Replaced, now No Start

Hello Cayenne friends,

I tackled my valve cover gasket replacement today on my 2006 Cayenne S, I took precautions to make sure the rear cleared properly during removal on both sides. I disconnected the wire harness from the AC compressor to give me plenty of slack.

I'm not sure if should have done this but I washed both of my valve covers and let them sit in the hot sun until they were fully dried, I also used forced air to dry it. I did cover my Air/Oil Separator with a rubber glove.

After reinstalling the covers with the caution for clearance to the rear area of the valve covers I lined up the holes and reinstalled, everything aligned up nice with nothing forced. I put in new Bosch spark plugs while I was there and torqued them to specification.

Once all was back together I went to start the car and it turned over and continued to turn on its own but no start. I noticed that the brake pedal was hard as hell and my gauge cluster finally after turning over gave me a ABS failure message. I connected my code reader and no faults came up, car sounds funny while turning over and will not start. Is it possible that a vacuum line or my Air/Oil separator is creating the no start? Brake pedal feel is hard and not normal. I don't believe the valve cover install itself went wrong, should I disassemble or look elsewhere? Any help is appreciated, I don't want to do more harm.

Best Regards,
Alex
1986 Porsche 911 Carrera, Black
2006 Porsche Cayenne S, Black
Old 06-10-2019, 08:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)