View Single Post

Garage
Ok, so I pulled my covers off again to inspect the camshaft pins at the back end of the engine to see if they were bent or broken. Thank God they were there and not damaged, I was careful when removing my covers but I needed to be sure. Here are a few pictures.
(Right Side, both tables fine)

(Left Side thru a mirror, both tabs were fine)

I suspect since my fault at start-up is a hard brake pedal and ABC Proportioning Workshop/ABS Failure, that I have a vacuum leak in one of my hoses. I know these are easy to break during this gasket cover replacement. I wanted to do a smoke test on my lines but I don't have this tester, I was going to make one but instead I did it old school way. I first tried to pull a vacuum on my lines and could not achieve any vacuum. I tested vacuum on the line going to the brake booster and through the engine firewall, I disconnected there and pulled vacuum. It held vacuum and only very slowly came down, this is likely to my home made connects, I'm pretty sure the vacuum line to the brake booster is fine. Pic below of vacuum measurement.

(From Brake Booster through engine firewall)

Next, I tried to pressurize the other lines and used soapy water to check for leaks. The areas I thought might have got cracked were not to my surprise, instead I see bubbles coming out of this, I think it's a check valve. Could this be why I have a hard pedal and no start condition? I will double/triple check the other lines again but I did not see any bubbles anywhere else but here. Not even behind the manifold where one line goes to. Any thoughts? Yes, I put JB weld around areas known to crack to just eliminate these spots, no leaks from there, just were noted below.

1986 Porsche 911 Carrera, Black
2006 Porsche Cayenne S, Black
Old 06-12-2019, 11:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)