View Single Post
Brew Master

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdfifteen View Post
In my part of Ohio prices for soy were down 7% last year and down another 3% this year. Glad things are doing well up north.
They lived with soybeans at these prices for decades and thrived. The fun thing about talking to a farmer is, even in a knockout good year... they're going broke.... until tax time.. then a new tractor or grain hopper or UTV shows up. I live in AG country. My family owns farmland. A few good friends from High School are farmers. I talk them often. Things aren't as bad as the news makes things out to be. The farmers that spent like 12-$14 beans would last are the ones hurting. Those who understood the market and knew it wouldn't last are doing just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdfifteen View Post
I agree with Shaun. Consumers aren’t going to China, they are buying from US retailers. Retailers are competing to sell the cheapest crap because they think it’s in their best interest. I don’t blame consumers for buying it for the same reason.
Consumers aren't going to China? Go to Amazon and look at all of the items M.I.C. Look at the knockoff stuff. Consumers are absolutely going to China and don't give a damn if it hurts American workers. Consumers demand cheaper goods and like I said, they'll cut you out to save a buck.

Last edited by cabmando; 06-13-2019 at 04:35 AM..
Old 06-13-2019, 04:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #82 (permalink)