View Single Post
Brew Master

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdfifteen View Post
Is your point that the tariffs hasn’t affected farmers or that it hasn’t affected them enough for you to care?
They haven't affected them in the way the majority of the news makes it sound like they have.
What has hurt farmers more than the tariffs is their dependence on GMO corn and beans. More and more markets are banning GMO's, but not China! If they'd make a switch back to non GMO, markets would open up. Same with livestock. Some markets have restrictions on antibiotics used or growth hormones... but not China... so... who do they cater to? Farmers need to change the way they do things. The problem is the way they used to do things is more labor intensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdfifteen View Post
You clearly missed my point.
Most consumers don’t buy directly from China. They buy from retailers who source their products from all over the world, including China. It’s the importers and retailers who decide where the products they offer are made. If I want to buy a bicycle for my grandson I have to buy what the retailers offer. I can’t help it if it’s made in China, other than to refuse to buy one and try to explain to a 6 year old he can’t have a bicycle because of global trade disputes.
You clearly missed my point as well. Consumers demand cheaper goods. And yeah, if you look on Ebay and Amazon, you can indeed buy direct from China.

Last edited by cabmando; 06-13-2019 at 05:12 AM..
Old 06-13-2019, 05:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #87 (permalink)