View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by leeb51 View Post
I have just re-started working on an '88 911 V8 conversion after several years of medical issues. I have been told to start slow as I am weak from a bunch of chemo, etc. I thought I would start with building a heater using a small heater core and building a box to house it. I remember seeing photos of this type approach, but am unable to retrieve them - probably too long ago. Any assistance in getting info on building such a box would be greatly appreciated.

I know this is a small project, but after years of "bed rest" I am thrilled to be back in the garage at all.

Thanks in advance for any help. I will be in the forums a lot more in the coming days/weeks/months.

Iím swapping in a N/A Subaru into my 76 912, going with a stealth radiator thatís NOT in the trunk and hidden under the bumper cover.

Heater wise, Iím planning on sticking a heater core above the dash and making a custom shroud for it, and running the heater lines through the original heater vents.

Thereís A LOT of engineering challenges here, but the engine Iím going with is actually lighter than my original VW engine, and about 200 hp with a cam, and probably a pair of Weber IDFs.

Build page here

https://facebook.com/ArrowBlau

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 06-13-2019, 06:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)