View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by baloo View Post
Mike,
Thanks for the write-up. I have been looking at electric AC for a few months for some other cars. What would you estimate your cost for the installation?
I know you said your entire AC system has been removed from your car, but if you have an existing system in place, would it be a simple matter of a plumbing in the electric compressor?
Besides the horsepower drag due to a conventional compressor, what was your assessment of advantages of an electric one?

Appreciate your perspective.
Thanks.
From what I've read you tear out your whole old ac system. condenser/lines/pump. Advantages are uses less that 1hp to run ac and moves weight to the front off the car off the rear and weights a lot less than stock ac. The blower is a upgrade as well as it's a twin fan rather than the single fan these cars have stock. I've done lots of reading ha

Here's the full thread on the 911 tech.
Classic Retrofit: Lightweight Electric Air Conditioning
Here's the site for the ac.. maybe the dollar will keep strengthening and give us a discount!
https://www.classicretrofit.com/products/air-conditioning-kit-for-classic-911-full-kit
'79 930 turbo RoW - Oak Green Metallic - k27-7200 - Kokeln Intercooler - RarlyL8 headers/muffler - Leask WuR - Tial 46mm - Rebel racing bushings front/rear - ER Monoballs front/rear - ER adjustable spring plates - 29/23mm TBs - Wevo engine mounts - Rebel racing transmission mounts
'99 4Runner Sr5
Old 07-12-2019, 06:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)