View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobS911 View Post
From what I've read you tear out your whole old ac system. condenser/lines/pump. Advantages are uses less that 1hp to run ac and moves weight to the front off the car off the rear and weights a lot less than stock ac. The blower is a upgrade as well as it's a twin fan rather than the single fan these cars have stock. I've done lots of reading ha

Here's the full thread on the 911 tech.
Classic Retrofit: Lightweight Electric Air Conditioning
Here's the site for the ac.. maybe the dollar will keep strengthening and give us a discount!
https://www.classicretrofit.com/products/air-conditioning-kit-for-classic-911-full-kit
I'm not sure how well or poor the stock A/C blower works. As you know the stock 911/930 has two blowers (one for A/C evaporator and another for fresh air...correct me if I'm wrong). Before I went with electric A/C the stock A/C evaporator was missing but did have a stock fresh air blower. Anyway the electric A/C takes in place of a fresh air blower. I remember running the stock fresh air blower at high speed which was impressive. A good amount of fresh air blew thru the center vent. On the other hand with the electric A/C blower it does not seem to blow as much air thru the center vent. Maybe that's due to excess length duct hose I have used from the blower to the center vent. I think the problem is on our 930 the passenger side and center vents share the same ducting from the stock blower. The electric A/C blower has extra duct outlets for the side vents which I capped off at the blower. There's a white "Y" shaped connector that feeds to the side and center vents. I could remove it and split the ducts but looks like I'd have to 'destroy' the "Y" connector. Hence the reason to use stock configuration.
Old 07-12-2019, 10:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)