View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeD930 View Post
I'm not sure how well or poor the stock A/C blower works. As you know the stock 911/930 has two blowers (one for A/C evaporator and another for fresh air...correct me if I'm wrong). Before I went with electric A/C the stock A/C evaporator was missing but did have a stock fresh air blower. Anyway the electric A/C takes in place of a fresh air blower. I remember running the stock fresh air blower at high speed which was impressive. A good amount of fresh air blew thru the center vent. On the other hand with the electric A/C blower it does not seem to blow as much air thru the center vent. Maybe that's due to excess length duct hose I have used from the blower to the center vent. I think the problem is on our 930 the passenger side and center vents share the same ducting from the stock blower. The electric A/C blower has extra duct outlets for the side vents which I capped off at the blower. There's a white "Y" shaped connector that feeds to the side and center vents. I could remove it and split the ducts but looks like I'd have to 'destroy' the "Y" connector. Hence the reason to use stock configuration.
Good info. I'll def go this route when funding is there.. rust to fix then paint first though for me! I'm sure the vent temp at mid 40 degrees will work just fine for me out here in CO. In the other 911 tech the retrofit guy mentioned they are working on a dual condenser set up as well on a project ruf car. That would drop the temps.. but I'm sure i'd be happy with the single condenser after reading others feedback as well as yours. Enjoy that AC I sure wish I had it right now ha
'79 930 turbo RoW - Oak Green Metallic - k27-7200 - Kokeln Intercooler - RarlyL8 headers/muffler - Leask WuR - Tial 46mm - Rebel racing bushings front/rear - ER Monoballs front/rear - ER adjustable spring plates - 29/23mm TBs - Wevo engine mounts - Rebel racing transmission mounts
'99 4Runner Sr5
Old 07-12-2019, 09:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)