View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 924CarreraGTP View Post
I got my alternator out today to drop off for rebuild tomorrow. It has a definite bearing grind. I bought a new voltage regulator from our gracious host of this forum. Test fit is correct.
My oil pump gear has been replaced and was aluminum. Stepson, If you remember you found that for me during my last timing belt service. Much obliged!
Anyway, moving along. Some day I need to get my front seats recovered.
Other issues are the car feels spongy in the rear. Like the original shocks have gone south. And they are only 36 years old. 😁
Grinding alternators sound like the front of your engine is coming apart. I had one on my 89 that was grinding yet still working. I had another so I have not yet had it rebuilt.

I have had 2 different sets of seats recovered locally. Actually pretty decent work, BUT, both upholsterers told me that they would never do another set of 928 seats, to never tell how much I was charged, and to never tell anybody where I had the seats done. LOL

Get new shocks. Drive to DFW and I'll change them for you.
Indishrot 1984 Euro S AT (The Stepson) and Black Metallic 1984 Euro S 5 speed (The Schwartz)
Old 07-26-2019, 10:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #115 (permalink)