View Single Post
Get off my lawn!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by david.avrahami@ View Post
I find it quite disturbing that the most reliable and rarely on sale Porsche, is not displayed in Porsche magazines...instead, the models that fetch 6 figures are displayed and repeatedly promoted...
It is like in politics, the truth is hardly displayed and instead the politically correct is gospel...my 87 is a great car, not a garage queen and in a few days it will carry my wife and I on our 2500 miles yearly trip.
Many of my non Porsche friends are incredulous when I tell them of taking a 4,000 mile road trip in my 35 year old car. It tell them the car does not know how old it is. It is well maintained, by me, and very solid.

Just a month ago I drove to Boca Raton, FL, it took me two long 11 hours days. One of the other guys that drove to Boca Raton came from Anchorage, AK. It took him a full week to get there in his 1985 911.

Virtually everyone know what a 911 is. It is an icon, but I drive mine because it put a smile on my face after 25 years of ownership.
1986 El Camino with Fuel Injected 350 Crate Engine
My Motto: I will never be too old to have a happy childhood!
Old 08-19-2019, 12:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)