View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
found numbing to drive unless I mash the pedal and that gets tiring quickly. It is about the connection and interacting with the road and even the PDK cars are amazing but I have no interest and only find it useful in my Macan for driving in traffic.
Myself, and I'm sure majority of aircooled 911 owners on this forum totally agree, at least on a car as a toy.

But I have the cynical view that a typical buyer these days buys by spreadsheet. Put whatever spec is most important, sort high to low, pick the one closest to the end you want that fits the budget. Done.

Or checkbox buyers: "It has to have heated seats, apple carplay, automatic braking, and 30mpg minimum." Hyundai plays that game well, giving features over driving substance, at competitive prices, with a good warranty, and being "good enough" in all other areas. Their sales year over year show that strategy works.

And as a quick litmus test, how likely are you to buy a Mazda Miata? It's a car where the manufacturer explicitly designed it to be the best possible driver's car at the price point. As small, light, and analog as possible, a pure, classic roadster with 50:50 weight distribution, not one concession to try to hit the fastest lap time on an arbitrary track. If we were true enthusiasts all about the experience, we all should be falling over ourselves to get one. But I don't own one.
Old 09-30-2019, 05:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)